Machine Vision - Special Products & Projects
Applications for Multi spectral Camera's are growing fast. Are there parts in your process you want to make visible? Do you already use cameras but you want better results? Quest will co-develop with you the camera tailored to your needs!
With an extensive product portfolio we could supply you with the best camera solution and advanced Software for your vision problems. The Quest Condor cameras are used for a very wide range of advanced industrial applications worldwide. Applications include semiconductor inspection, food selection, robotics, steel plate cutting, quality control and print inspection. Are you making things visible but you think it can be done better because:
- You have trouble aligning the images
- The processing time is too long
- Used camera's are too heavy
- You use multiple cameras
- Pictures do not live up to your expectations
- The data cannot be analysed properly
Quest can offer you the perfect solution. Every production process needs its own customized vision solution. To come to these unique solutions Quest Innovations has developed a 12-step process to co-develop with you your customized camera:
For the right machine vision configuration a number of highly specialized components are available:
- Multispectral cameras: based on the relevant bands in the 400 – 2500nm range, a camera can be defined with up to 5 sensors and 11 bands.
- Linescan cameras: based on the relevant bands in the 400 – 2500nm range, a camera can be defined with up to 5 sensors between 1 to 4K.
- Hyperspectral camera: in the range of 400-1000nm with an average of 2,5pixel per nanometer the complete hyperspectral cube is being imaged. Hyperspectral imaging can be combined with 2D spatial imaging.
- 2,5D camera: fixed double camera solution able to random counting or make spatial calculations. All of the above mentioned cameras can be used for this purpose.
- 3D: a multiple camera configuration for a complete 360o assessment. All of the above mentioned cameras can be used for this purpose.
- Light solutions: LED and/or laser light can be integrated with the cameras. These can be coupled into a fiber or used for direct exposure.
- Lenses: to get optimal results from the cameras also the region outside the visible area must be apochromatically corrected. Quest lenses are corrected.
- Software: Multispectral imaging results in multiple images per frame. For good read out and processing dedicated software is needed. Quest has built her own software, Architector, customized for multispectral imaging.
The spectral fingerprint
A multispectral camera can identify an object by its typical spectral fingerprint. This can only be done when this fingerprint is known. Also in relation to the surrounding objects it differs from.Quest has established a laboratory researching fingerprints and translating these to the optimal multispectral camera.When you wish to detect:
- bones or blood in meat,
- some kind of mould,
- color differentiation,
- sugar rate,
- difference in two kinds of wood that at first glance are the same,
- pick out the weeds from the seeds etc.,
it is very possible that there is a multispectral camera solution to do so. During the feasibility study (Step 3) Quest can determine for you if the detection you want to make is possible and what the optimal camera solution will be.
- Cheaper – Because manual inspection is no longer necessary
- Installation – It is easy to install
- Less waste – Because of the higher accuracy in sorting
- Speed – You will be able to work faster than ever before
- Quality measurability – You can offer your clients standard quality
- Automation – You need less manpower